03 March 2014

Desktop Calendar - March 2014

Recently I came across The Lorax for the very first time. I'd seen the cover of the book in the film Avatar, but never knew what it was! So I finally read the book and watched the film and found them both to be very powerful. In response I wrote Friday Five: What The Lorax Taught Me. Well, yesterday Dr. Suess turned 110. So in honour of him, I've used one of his quotes with some beautiful crocuses that we recently saw at The Courts Garden in Wiltshire for this month's calendar. If you'd like to have this as your desktop photo for the month, please do! The instructions are below the photo.
Windows
1) To ensure that you get the best quality, click the photo so that lightbox opens the image.
2) Right-click the image so that the context menu appears:
Firefox: Select "Set as Desktop Background..." and choose from the position options as below (Center or Fit will generally provide the best look).



Options from Firefox
Internet Explorer: Select "Set as Background". To change position settings you will need to set the personalise settings for the desktop in Control Panel:
Control Panel settings
Mac OS10.6.8
Chrome: Command click on photo (above); it opens in a new Tab. Drag to desktop. Use "Desktop & Screensaver" in System Preferences to center and choose background color.


Thanks
To Hollis, over at In the Company of Plants and Rocks, for the Mac instructions.
To Jessica Burke from Moss Plants and More for such the idea.

Note: If anyone uses other Operating Systems and could let me know the instructions for applying the photo as a desktop image, please get in touch!

1 comment:

  1. How lovely of you to share! I often add my botanical photos to my desktop--but that's a great idea to add the calendar!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!