01 April 2014

Desktop Calendar - April 2014

A couple of years ago my lovely fiancée, Lucy, bought me a Magnolia Stellata for my birthday. It didn't do much the first year, but last year it put on a good show of leaves and really started growing, finishing the year with some flower buds. So, here is the very first flower from our Magnolia tree! There are so many starting to open and I'm really enjoying spending time looking at them. I hope you enjoy it too :)





Windows
1) To ensure that you get the best quality, click the photo so that lightbox opens the image.
2) Right-click the image so that the context menu appears:
Firefox: Select "Set as Desktop Background..." and choose from the position options as below (Center or Fit will generally provide the best look).




Options from Firefox
Internet Explorer: Select "Set as Background". To change position settings you will need to set the personalise settings for the desktop in Control Panel:
Control Panel settings
Mac OS10.6.8
Chrome: Command click on photo (above); it opens in a new Tab. Drag to desktop. Use "Desktop & Screensaver" in System Preferences to center and choose background color.


Thanks
To Hollis, over at In the Company of Plants and Rocks, for the Mac instructions.
To Jessica Burke from Moss Plants and More for such the idea.

Note: If anyone uses other Operating Systems and could let me know the instructions for applying the photo as a desktop image, please get in touch!

6 comments:

  1. It's a lovely idea this - and the flower looks as if its about to zoom forward and fly out of the picture. Hope you are feeling more energised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy :) I'm getting there thanks. It's taking a while to build back up to things again. I hope you're well.

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful, Tim, I really like the black and white. btw, do you know about this meme?
    http://ramblinginthegarden.wordpress.com/category/gardens/in-a-vase-on-monday/
    I thought you might, given your interest in botany and eye for beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollis, thanks for your lovely compliments. I've not come across this meme before. It's definitely something I'll be following from now on - thanks for telling me about it :)

      Delete
  3. Great idea! I must print one out for my bathroom mirror as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really glad you like it :)

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!