15 December 2014

It's a boy!

I'm excited to write that we're expecting a boy!

We recently had the 20 week, or anomaly, scan. It was exciting to see the major bones being checked and some measured, as well as the brain, lips, heart, and stomach being shown and checked.

Our little meeple was so fidgety last time that it made the 12 week scan difficult and the measurement for the likelihood of down's syndrome couldn't be done (and was later checked by blood test). This time, however, he just wouldn't move! This means that one kidney and some of the spine couldn't be checked and we'll need to have another scan in a couple of weeks.

The sonographer stressed to us that it's very unlikely that there's anything wrong and everything that she checked was absolutely normal.


I was reading the report this afternoon and noticed that one of the measurements is the EFW, or Estimated Fetal Weight. So at the moment they estimate that meeple is 309 g which is about 10.9 oz for the imperialists among us!

I can't wait to meet my little lad. It's so exciting wondering what he'll be into as he grows up. I'm just hoping he'll put up with his dad telling him about nature and how to identify things we see out and about. Who knows - perhaps he'll be the next Attenborough!

Either way I look forward to helping him along the path he chooses (talk about wishing my life away).

Anyway, enough from me, here he is:


2 comments:

  1. Your post brought smiles! Thanks for sharing and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to hear that :) Thanks for your wishes.

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!