07 December 2015

Planting up Christmas pots

It’s been a while since I’ve had spare energy around this time of year, so I decided to plant up a few pots to provide some much needed colour during the winter months.

Of course, I had my supervisor watching over me to ensure that I completed the task properly. Here’s a photo of him wondering why I’ve stopped working!



Here’s Noah’s pot for Father Christmas. Fingers crossed he’ll stop by for Noah’s first Christmas.
On the other side of the door is another pot. Instead of gold crest, we’ve used a tree heather as the centrepiece.
A supermarket near us stocked some plants, but then haven’t cared for them at all. I picked the best 6-pack I could find in the hope that they’ll be ok. I’ve put one of the cyclamen on the dining table for a bit of colour indoors.
A couple of close up photographs of the garden primroses.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas time. We’re certainly looking forward to our first Christmas with Noah.

Originally posted: http://www.growsonyou.com/timmyh/blog/29343-christmas-pots

4 comments:

  1. Noah is such a cutie! He's growing up so fast! This will be a special Christmas for you, won't it? I remember our first Christmas as parents, and it was magical--well, partly because my son was born just a week before Christmas. :) But the holidays are even more fun with little ones around. Anyway...your pots are fabulous! The ones with the Primroses are so pretty. Also, the Ivy, Pansies, and Cyclamen. Interesting, I have indoor pots going with variegated English Ivy and Cyclamen, too. Both enjoy the cooler, but not cold, environment in my sunroom. Probably similar to the temps outside for you. Happy Holidays, Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth, I think he's starting to realise how cute he is now! It was so special this year - even with the dreaded cold pinging back and forth through the house!
      Lovely to hear your growing English ivy and cyclamen. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful to see the bright colors this morning, thanks. And neat to see Noah :-)

    Hope you have joyful holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hollis, sorry for the delay in replying. I hope you had a great Christmas. Thanks for your comment :)

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!