09 December 2013

GeoArt

Just a quick and fun post about some awesome shapes people have made for Geocachers. I was listening to a radio programme about Geocaching recently and one of the cachers interviewed mentioned a series of caches shaped like the head of an alien! Intrigued I set about finding this alien head located in the US. I imagined that it would be a one off - but to my surprise there are many cache series around the world that have been arranged to form shapes from Ying/Yang symbols to Signal the Frog, who is the mascot for Groundspeak (the operators of Geocaching.com).

Below I've added some screenshots from the Geocaching.com website. To view other shapes, see this bookmark list compiled by Striving4Camelot.




4 comments:

  1. Where are those places?! I totally want to go geocache the train. All of it. FIND ALL THE TRAIN! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol you definitely should! Do you Geocache? The train is in Boise, Idaho - is that close to you!!?

      Delete
    2. I sure do Geocache! Still relatively new; just started this summer. So far I've found 60 caches (aside: have you found the geocaching.com website to be PAINFULLY slow lately?! Took me almost 10 minutes to log in!)

      Unfortunately, Boise, Idaho is not close to me :( Well, closer than you are. But not a short drive away. Heh. But definitely within "road trip week" driving distance! Or fly into Boise for a Geocaching adventure. Will have to wait until I have a real job, however. Travelling on a tight budget just for the sake of Geocaching right now isn't all that feasible for me :(

      Delete
    3. I think I remember you saying that you'd started now! It's been ok for me - perhaps different servers?
      That's understandable regarding the job situation. I imagine that these GeoArt caches will be available for a long time :)

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!