16 December 2013

U316 - The goodies have arrived


Last Wednesday I signed up for the final module in my degree with the Open University, called U316 The Environmental Web. So imagine my surprise, two days later, when a knock at the door announced that goodies, ahem, module study resources, had arrived!

As you can see by the titles of the books, there are some really interesting topics to be studied during this module.


But not only that we received a study file, which included field guide sheets for birds, dragonflies, and the humble woodlouse. I'll look forward to this as I enjoy recording wildlife. As well as an introduction to the module and some excerpts of the Millennium Ecosystem Assessment, which I hadn't heard of before this module - but seems to be very important. Information about the Assessment is available here.

In an attempt to get a head start, I've already begun reading the books. The module feels like it will get very hectic, so every page read is a page I can be better prepared for the 6 tutor marked assessments and the end of module assessment.

Fingers crossed!

Has anyone reading this done U316 or similar? If so, I've love to hear your thoughts and advice about the module!

2 comments:

  1. The books do look very interesting. I've never heard of the Open University - I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Tracie :)
      The Open University are quite a big UK university and make a lot of documentaries with the BBC. I'm not sure what the fees are for international students, but worth checking out if you're thinking of studying for a degree.

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!