04 May 2012

Cats like plants

I like cats. I only have one problem with them and it is really a problem with me - they trigger my allergies! I remember the cats that we looked after when I was a child at a house Mum rented. They lived outside in the garden and must have thought I was crazy with all the snails I'd collect and line up on the wall!

The cat above is from Lacock Abbey and he's my favorite one that wanders the grounds there. It joined us on a group guided walk that I went too during a very cold day a few months ago. It was lovely to see how all of us that had gone there to look at plants, were then captivated by this cat. The cats like it at Lacock Abbey, it may well be the supply of rodents that the well cared for grounds must encourage - but I'm sure it must be for the plants!

Ok so perhaps I do have another problem with cats. Well really it's a problem that Lucy has - and it's the local cat(s) interest in our raised beds and the 'doings' that happen there. Surely that can be used as mulch/fertiliser too!?

Cats are lovely. The loveliest of all was a cat called Duffy who sadly passed away earlier this year. He helped me out more than he'll ever know. He liked sitting on the kitchen window sill at his home, at Lucy's Mom's house. I'm not sure what interested him more, the back garden and its many plants, or the rabbits next door!

Perhaps I'm applying anthropomorphism to the feline world, but never the less - I'm sure that cats like plants (even if it is only to spend a penny - or a few - on).

In memory of Duffy cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!