29 May 2012

Oh weeds

To celebrate reaching 5000 page views, I thought I'd let you all in for a 'treat' and post a poem that I've written! Please don't take it seriously, it's meant as a light hearted interlude to all of the other content that I post on here!


Oh weeds oh weeds
What can we do?
We beat, we bully
We hoe you through

We abhor your success
Your greed for land
Your rush to breed
Your ingenuity with which you disperse your seed

Oh weeds oh weeds
We’re just like you
We ignore the reflection in the looking glass
And claim it’s all askew

Oh weeds oh weeds
We’re not like you
We’re just bullies
But you’re beautiful

On closer inspection you bring life
Swaths of yellow and white, what a wonderful sight
On verges, in fields; you brighten our days
You’ve earned your place, you deserve to stay

In our gardens we want you to die
Not understanding that we’re the ‘dominant’ species
We take our hoes and spades, but try as we might
You ignore our obnoxious nature and continue to thrive

So weeds, so weeds,
What shall we do?
I’ll sit back, relax
and enjoy all that you do!


hehe, I hope you enjoyed that! It would be wonderful to read any comments - especially any links to your nature poetry or poetry that inspires you.

Take care,
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!