24 April 2012

After the rain comes the Starlings

So, this afternoon we had a sudden random downpour. It lasted for about 15-20 minutes, after which the sun was back out like nothing had happened! Not that I was complaining anyway, as I'd planted a Lonicera Honeysuckle an hour or two earlier - more on that in another post!

I had come down to get a drink and was happy to notice that the Starlings were in the garden trying to pick up a few snacks. And better yet, the camera was where I needed it to be for once - next to me!

I find them such a joy to watch, so deep in concentration for their task - and in the first video one is rather effective and has a beak full lined up at one point! I've uploaded a couple of short video clips. I hope you enjoy them (apologies in advance for the jitteriness):




2 comments:

  1. They are such pretty birds! It's a shame that they have caused such havoc here in the US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Indie, thanks for commenting. I didn't realise they could be troublesome. What do they do over the the US?

      Delete

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!