09 March 2012

Aurora borealis and blog changes

With all this excitement about the possibility of seeing the Aurora borealis over the next few nights, I was pleased to see that a fellow member of the Wild About Britain forums had posted a link to a forecasting website. I quickly found that a widget was available!

This prompted me to re-arrange the blog and move the widgets around a bit. I've moved the Moon Phase widget and the MET Office Weather widget to the new Resources page. Joining them is the widget from AuroraWatch UK which comprises of a coloured banner (Red and Amber being the colours to look out for) and a graph showing the recent levels of solar activity. I've also added a page of links to websites that I use and find very helpful, I hope that you will too. This, along with the resources page is available on the new tab links above the top blog post.

My in-laws are very lucky as they are on a cruise around Norway at the moment and have reported brilliant sightings over many nights from the ship. I'm really looking forward to hearing about their experiences and seeing the photos - in the meantime, let's hope that the clouds get a shifty on, the sun gets active, and we get to see some of the aurora for ourselves in Britain.

Here's a link to a page on the Daily Mail website showing some nice images of the recent activity on the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading and replying to your comments, but please do not use this space for advertising!